Wednesday, May 6, 2009

2 new callings

A week ago at church I was sitting in Relief Society when my husband came in and said one of the members of the bishopric wanted to talk to me. So I went there and he asked me to be compassionate service leader. I said okay and left, at the door the other member of the bishopric caught me and said he needed to talk to me. He asked me to be assistant in the nursery.I said uhhh....okay. This week at church they sustained me and set me apart, and my initiation was to handle nursery with out the other to leaders, who were sick or at another baby blessing. It was stressful but I survived and am dreading next week:) Just kidding. :)
Honestly, I am excited to have a responsibility. It should be fun.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

You should totally schedule compassionate service for yourself when Sandi leaves. ;) Do you have a separate person who comes in to sing songs with the kids in nursery? That's my calling. It is so much fun! Best calling evar!

Kristin said...

I get the responsibility thing. I have two callings now too. Webelos and Sunbeam teacher. I am liking them both too so all is well. Sometimes you feel like you need to give back a little. I havn't been in primary for 6 years. It is time to serve my tour of duty. You will do great in both.