Wednesday, January 7, 2009

pedicure/ manicure

For my birthday I received a gift certificate for a pedicure and manicure at a local place here (It's actually called Amber Nails. Cool, huh!) I finally got around to using it two days ago. It was my first time ever to have my nails professionally done. So here's my review: It was so awesome! First you go in and soak your feet in warm water that bubbles like a jacuzzi. It felt so good. You sit in these leather recliners that massage your back, while some cute boy rubs your feet. They cut off callouses, and trim your nails. They paint your toes. Then you move on to the manicure, which isn't as fun as the pedicure but fun enough. They message your hand, trim your cuticles and paint your nails. They even put your shoes back on after their done. I left looking like a million bucks (at least my fingers and toes did) but even more important I felt like a million bucks. The price was about $30 but for an hour and half treatment it was worth every penny. I would highly recommend it for any stay at home mom....or anyone for that matter.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks for reviewing that, I think I might do that for my next girls night out with Wiz! Or for her birthday for that price. I have never done it before so your review was very helpful.

Rebekah said...

Nice! Everyone gets manicures/pedicures here, but I've never gotten one. You do make it sound really nice, epsecially the pedicure. I can't see the picture right now. Is it your nails?

B.K. Stanley said...

So what you're trying to say is you liked your birthday gift, huh? That's good. Fortunately for me your kids were very well behaved while you were lounging about too.