Tuesday, December 30, 2008

switching roles

For Christmas every year it was my role in the family to wake everyone up and horribly early hours and drag them down the stairs for presents. It is my parents role to whine and say "go back to bed just a little longer..." I thought this year would be no different. However, when my 2 year old son woke up at 2:30 in the morning, I tried desperately to put him back to sleep for an hour and finally gave up and opened our presents. At 5 am I told Sandi I'd take a shower and then go to my mom's house for more presents...so naturally Topaz fell back asleep. I decided to shut my eyes and rest just for a minute only to wake up to my mom calling telling me to hurry up she wanted to open presents....

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

That's really funny, although I feel for you and being up since 2 am with a little boy.