Monday, December 15, 2008

The rain came down...


...and the floods came up, but the house on the hill stayed dry. Laie has been flooding, the sewers backed up, lots of people in Laie have lost carpet and furniture. However, our house is on a hill and although it rained we had no problems. It made us grateful we had so much trouble finding a house because we got one that remained safe. It has also been amazing to see our faith in actions as neighbors lend other neighbors help. Here's some pictures of the flooding:

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Tim and I agree that maybe you should put your camera down, get off your high hill and start saving people. :)

Amber Rae said...

Some people save...some people document:) In my own defense, dad took the pictures. I was to busy sitting on my high hill sipping hot cocoa:) just kidding

Rebekah said...

Ha ha ha. I can just see you sipping your cocoa. Those are impressive shots of the rain. I'm so sorry to hear of all the loss though. Not what people need right now.

B.K. Stanley said...

All right Amber, I know you didn't drown so time to write another blog. Just teasing. Love, Mom