Monday, October 20, 2008

One year older


So...today is my birthday. I am 28 years old now. My mom made me a beautiful homemade cake but forgot the candles. When she went to the store to buy some, the check out lady said, "oh..you must be celebrating the birthday of some one older." My mom replied that it was actually for her daughter, to which the lady said, "Because you've got two packages of candles here..." So yes, I have passed my young youthful days and am now in the "older" category. 2 packages of candles! It is strange but that comment did make me feel old. For the rest of my birthday party my mom made homemade chicken cordon bleu, real mash potatoes, and I made ice cream. What a fabulous day!

4 comments:

Neener Dog said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMBER! Yeah, I feel old too. I will always remember Peter took me for our first date on your birthday, so of course I had to memorize your birthday. Who could forget? Homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu sounds so good. Lucky you. I'll have to get that one from your mom.

Rebekah said...

Happy Birthday Amber! I didn't realize you liked the same birthday dinner as Ben. Somehow I'm not too surprised. Congrats on moving up to two boxes of candles. Next year I'll be 29. I don't think I really want to be that close to 30 yet.

Ben is very jealous of the homemade chicken cordon bleu. I always just buy the frozen stuff. I have vowed to make homemade sometime for his birthday, but first he must buy me a nice kitchen to prepare it in. Seems fair to me. It's a lot of work!

Kristin said...

Happy Belated Birthday Amber! Hey, don't fear the Reaper! Take it from someone 8 years older than you. It only gets better! Your kids get older as you get older and it is nice to move on to different stages of life. You are in a tough one with all little kids and no older ones to help you see why you put up with the stresses of younger ones. Also, the years give you a little perspective on life. I like being older. . as long as I stay healthy.

Kristin said...

Ask me how I feel about things when my kids are in their teenage years. It might be different!